Report | Adaptive Spaces, Evolving Workforces
EMEA Occupier Sentiment Survey 2022
May 16, 2022 15 Minute
We asked senior real estate decision-makers in over 100 companies for their views on these issues and what will be shaping occupier decision making for 2022 and beyond.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Repopulating offices is a pressing priority as 68% of companies expect to be promoting a more regular return to the office by mid-year
- 70% are permitting either a voluntary return to the office at the employees’ discretion, or requiring return on a part-time basis. Only 6% of companies are currently requiring employees to return to the office on a full-time basis
- A growing number of companies (40%) expect expansion in their portfolio footprint over the next three years; and around a fifth are considering relocating some functions, either to lower-cost areas or to better quality space
- Only 8% of companies report no change in their real estate strategy as a result of the Covid pandemic. 63% highlight increased acceptance of the future of remote work as a consequence.
- Nearly three-quarters of companies say that they are moving towards a choice-based “hybrid workplace”, but barely half (56%) have devised, or are developing, a formal policy to frame this.