Out of Town Retail
We deliver market leading investment, leasing and development advisory services throughout the UK for domestic and international clients, on retail parks, solus retail warehousing and foodstores.
We are a dedicated sector specialist team that consists of occupational and investment market experts who work together to provide clients with a fully integrated service. We provide a client first approach which delivers innovative solutions based on longstanding experience together with an in depth understanding of current and changing market conditions.
We leverage the wider CBRE global network to share data and insights from other sector specialists with our clients so that they make well informed decisions based on an holistic perspective.
- Investment – acquisitions, funding and sales advice. So far this year, we have advised on over £300m worth of retail warehousing stock including the sale of the UK’s largest retail warehouse portfolio
- Leasing – currently providing leasing and asset management advice on over 3.5m sq ft of retail parks for many of the UK’s leading landlords including new lettings, surrenders and re-lets plus extensions / new units in car parks
- Occupier Representation – new store, disposal and lease regear advice. The team acts for a range of leading national retailers and has recently acquired over 400,000 sq ft of new space across multiple retail parks within the UK. We are one of the market leaders in acquiring new foodstores for various supermarket retailers within the UK. We undertake multiple lease regears and store disposals for major retailers across their portfolios
- New Market Entry – supporting international retailers with their UK expansion plans. Advising cross border investors on new funding opportunities within the UK retail park and foodstore sector
- Occupier Portfolio Transformation – helping retailers transform their store network by delivering portfolio wide programmes including new format expansion, lease cost reduction and freehold value optimisation
- Repurposing – advising investors and retailers to unlock alternative use value from their surplus retail assets
- Corporate Occupier Restructuring – strong track record in advising upon distressed occupier portfolios
In Q4 2023, there was a rise in office investment volumes in all UK markets, while logistics leasing take-up significantly increased compared to the previous quarter. To explore the findings across the office, retail, logistics, and residential sectors, read the full report.
In the fourth quarter, there was a rebound in the net change of store closures and openings across Central London, with Oxford Street demonstrating strong performance. Investment activity increased compared to the previous quarter, but total investment for the full 2023 year remained below historic trends.
In the second half of 2023 there was an increase in prime rents, driven by the Office sector. Prime commercial real estate yields also rose during this period, with all sectors recording an increase. For more information on the details of rents and yields across the Office, Industrial, and Retail sectors, read the full report.
There was an increase in investment into the UK real estate market in Q4 compared with the previous quarter. The residential sector attracted the highest investment volumes during this period, and the highest overall investment for the year. Gain insights into the investment trends across key sectors in our full analysis.
CBRE’s latest research analyses the correspondence between the energy efficiency of assets and their investment performance, both at an all property level, and for the Office, Retail, and Industrial sectors. Explore the report to compare the investment performance of efficient and inefficient buildings.
Viewpoint | Intelligent Investment
CBRE's latest viewpoint considers the outlook for Grocery assets against the backdrop of the current macroeconomic headwinds. As consumers change their shopping habits in response to the cost of living crisis, grocers are investing heavily to retain market share. Occupiers are also focusing on portfolio growth through a range of asset types including convenience and mid-sized formats. Explore more in the full report.