Business rates are a significant cost for most businesses, keeping up with changes to the process and making sure you are not being overcharged can be a challenge. At CBRE we provide advice to businesses with a total of over £5.2 billion in rateable value in Britain and have saved £500 million for our clients throughout the 2010 Rating List.
There are many ways we can reduce your liability – we will advise if you are eligible for a rebate across your portfolio, regardless of size.
Our 45 dedicated business rates experts work across Britain to help you to navigate through the complexity of the Rating system. We are able to make the best case for your business and can tell when you are eligible for business rates relief. Our interaction with our market facing teams ensures that we have access to key rental evidence, crucial to building the strongest case via the new Check, Challenge and Appeal system.
Our experts don’t simply look at current liability, but predict how it might change in the future, allowing you to anticipate what your costs will be at every stage of the property lifecycle.
Last year for every £1 a client paid us for business rates advice, on average, they received £11.70 in savings.
What We Do
- Monitoring rates payable – Our technical knowledge and expertise ensures the lowest rates payable for your properties
- Check, Challenge and Appeal – Our rating experts can advise if there are grounds to challenge your rateable value and guide you through the complex appeal procedures introduced for the 2017 rating list
- Vacancy savings – If you are leaving a property we can help you claim empty rates relief while it is vacant
- Historic payments – We can audit your business rates back to 1990 to check your rate demands have been correctly calculated and claim a rebate if you have overpaid
- Disturbance refunds – If a nearby development is impacting your business we can help you apply for rates relief and lodge appeals citing a material change in circumstance
- Rates payment and management – We provide a full service for the payment and management of your rates for large or small portfolios together with all the necessary rating advice and supporting financial data and reporting