Navigating the complex world of compulsory purchase can be challenging which is why it’s good to have our highly experienced Compulsory Purchase team on your side. Our robust knowledge of property and valuation means we can offer strategic advice on all types of schemes and projects.
We work with you to create and implement strategies to help achieve your business goals.
If you’re implementing powers, we work to accelerate your project, assist in introducing certainty and mitigate the major cost risk of delay. If you’re affected by a compulsory purchase order (CPO), we use our powerful negotiation skills to make sure you’re protected.
The majority of compulsory purchase situations play out over the long-term, and we’ll be with you every step of the way throughout the process – from initial advice through to implementation and claims.
Click on the relevant tab below for further information on the services we can offer.
Are you making a CPO?
Our extensive knowledge of compulsory purchase and our experience in working with authorities and developers make us a great partner to deliver your scheme. We can provide advice and strategy giving you the best opportunity to deliver your scheme or project. Our team has worked on major infrastructure projects including roads and railways, town centre redevelopment schemes, and regeneration schemes, as well as working with energy and utility companies. The team also offers extensive in-house services, from advice on planning through to bespoke and complex valuations.
- Advising on powers available to you and the strategy in using them
- Negotiating acquisitions/rights by private treaty
- Negotiating with statutory objectors
- Advising on implementation of powers and the possession process
- Advising and settling compensation claims
- Property cost estimates
- Project managing the CPO process
- Preparing and attending CPO inquiries and hearings
- Acting as expert witness at public inquiries and Lands Tribunals
- Part 1 and Section 10 – ‘No Land Taken’ claims
In addition to compulsory purchase, our team can provide advice on related topics, including:
- Statutory valuations
- Ransom strip negotiations
- Restrictive covenants
Do you have a claim?
Compulsory purchase can be confusing and complicated, but our team are here to walk you through the process. Our Compulsory Purchase team is experienced in all types of compensation claims; if you are a property occupier included in a CPO or a business that requires relocating, we have the expertise to guide you.
Our claimant services include:
- Advising on the potential impact of the CPO
- Lodging objections and negotiating mitigation options with the acquiring authority
- Handling compensation negotiations
- Acting as expert witness at public inquiries and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Explaining in detail the rights available to claimants
- Securing fee undertakings from the acquiring authority
- Statutory valuations