CBRE’s Lease Consultancy specialists can advise on every aspect of our clients' leasing requirements. We work across all asset classes, including:
- Industrial and Logistics
Our teams work throughout the UK, ensuring that the best possible solution is provided to clients wherever their need arises.
We combine our market insight and expertise with extensive legal knowledge to navigate commercial contracts, manage risk, maximise opportunities, and drive cost efficiencies for our clients.
Skilled negotiators, with proven knowledge of current lettings that influence achievable rents, we create value and minimise costs for landlords, occupiers and investors across a broad spectrum of instructions - from advising on the drafting of new leases, reviewing rents and complex arbitration, to restructuring existing contracts, exit strategies and costs.
We provide a unique understanding into presenting a case at arbitration, coupled with individual experience of full arbitration proceedings. This is essential for our clients’ as the tenant needs to understand that your appointed surveyor will have no hesitation in referring the matter to arbitration if the need arises, and of being a credible and knowledgeable expert witness for you.
Lease Consultancy includes the following activities, acting for landlords or tenants, investors or occupiers:
- Negotiating Rent Reviews
- Negotiating Lease Renewals (inside or outside the L&T Act 1954)
- Lease Due Diligence on the acquisition and disposal of leasehold interests
- Lease Restructuring ( Re-gears, Surrenders and Re-grants, Covenant Reappraisal and Renegotiation)
- Advice on Form of Lease in sale and leaseback transactions
- Rental Valuations
- Acting as Expert Witness in rental valuation disputes
- Acting as Third Party Independent Expert or Arbitrator in resolving rental valuation disputes (through nominated individuals)