Year to date I&L investment reaches nearly €39bn following another strong quarter
- European industrial and logistics investment reported a 65% increase in 9M 2021 to €38.8bn, well above the five year average of c.€23bn.
- I&L volumes continued their momentum during Q3 2021, increasing 66% YoY to reach a total of €13bn.
- Year to date volumes were just 12% below the annual peak of €44bn in 2017, suggesting the record total is under threat this year.
- The best performers in 9M 2021 were the UK, where volumes nearly trebled YoY to €13.2bn, Norway where they increased 174% to €1.8bn and Spain where they gained 150%.
- Germany has seen over €6bn transacted in 9M 2021 and the Netherlands nearly €3bn, while the Nordic total reached €5bn, higher than any previous full year total.
- Total capital flows into European I&L in the last 12 months were 57% higher YoY at €57bn. Of the total, 65% were from within Europe over the last year.