Jim is the CBRE Data Center Solutions (DCS) Global President. Working within the Global Workplace Solutions business segment, Jim leads responsibility for fully-converged facilities management, technology services, project management, advisory and transaction services, and consulting for data center owners and occupiers around the globe.
Jim’s team includes dedicated data center professionals in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. DCS has a presence in over 50 countries globally and is the world’s largest data center managed services provider.
Jim is also responsible for aligning CBRE’s capabilities with changing data center industry needs, further enhancing quality and reliability support and providing exceptional outcomes to clients. Jim sits on the board of Directors for CBRE Managed Services UK and several related regional CBRE subsidiary companies.
Prior to CBRE, Jim was the Senior Manager in Ernst & Young’s Real Estate Advisory Services Group. Jim specialized in the development and execution of corporate real estate (CRE) strategy and operations management.
Before joining EY, Jim was the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Real Estate for the Corporate Real Estate Services group of Barclays Capital in the Americas. He also led all real estate M&A activity including real estate for the acquisition of Lehman Brothers, among other institutions.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Developed and implemented an AWS program for a major financial services firm in North America as a Six Sigma Black Belt project; overall AWS program manager with key focus areas on business case development and approval, delivery of change management, pilot study implementation, real estate strategy and planning impact
- As President of a corporate real estate group, deep understanding of Financial Services business processes as well as strong operational strategy, governance, and risk management
- As Americas Head of Real Estate for an Investment Bank, fluent in real estate market dynamics, portfolio strategy, long range planning, transactional activity and optimization
- Strong program administration skills. Led CRE strategy for the acquisition and integration of an investment bank for a major financial services organization.
- Sheffield Hallam University (UK), Masters; Property Valuation and Management
- The University of Leeds (UK), Bachelor of Science; Geological Sciences