In February 2021, Macmillan Cancer Support became our new UK Charity Partner following a UK-wide internal vote. This partnership is a key aspect of our communities and giving strategy, working towards ‘Building a Better Future’.
Cancer impacts everyone. In the UK, one in two people will receive a cancer diagnosis in their lifetime. Most of us know someone with cancer or someone who has had it. Alongside physical and mental health fears, cancer can cost people their jobs, financial security and even their homes.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, people with cancer have needed Macmillan’s help more than ever, which has meant even higher demands for their services. People living with cancer face changes to their treatment, increased isolation, and unprecedented economic pressure, while moving away from face to face to virtual services, and this is where CBRE can help.
By partnering with Macmillan, we aim to raise £500k. This much needed fundraising will help over 22,000 people in the following way:
- Transform and develop telephone, online and virtual support services
- Fund eight Macmillan professionals to provide vital online support to:
- Provide expert help with potentially life changing decisions about treatment
- Give people a safe place to talk through their emotions
- Listen and offer comfort for those isolated and experiencing loneliness
- Help people understand their rights at work
- Support people to keep their homes if cancer costs them their job