What attracted you to a career at CBRE?
The opportunity to work for a global leader in the real estate industry stood out for me. I felt it would allow me to learn from industry experts as well as providing me with opportunities to progress my career in real estate.
What have you enjoyed the most since working at CBRE? (this doesn’t have to be work, extra-curricular activities as well at CBRE)
Leading the school/college engagement programme in my 1st year was a highlight for me. I come from an area where schools are not typically aware of the careers within real estate so it was great to be able to go into similar schools and educate the students about who CBRE are and the careers available within our business and the wider built environment industry.
Describe a typical day at work?
A typical day would be as follows:
- Get into the office around 8:45am and check emails to see if anything urgent has come up.
- Then check my to-do list to see and prioritise my work for the day ahead.
- As part of my role I work with occupiers around the world helping to advise on their real estate strategy. This involves various tasks such as producing and analysing cash flow models, presenting data to clients, liaising with brokers and providing strategic recommendations.
- I often have conference calls/meetings throughout the day which helps to break the day up.
- I leave the office around 5/5:30 depending on my workload.
What is your key piece of advice for someone applying?
Do your research! You don’t need to be a real estate expert but you should know some information about the company and general events that might be impacting the industry. It is also important to be aware of all the careers available to you so you know exactly what role you would like to apply to.
Be yourself – It is important to let your true personality shine through during the application process.