We provide due diligence and portfolio optimisation acquisition advice for private equity companies based on our understanding of retailer performance and market potential. The ability to use store expansion/divestment strategy as a base allows us to inform clients about the future viability of businesses they are looking to acquire. We carry out store strategy from an ‘outside in’ perspective, using our knowledge of European retail markets and supported by local teams. We also provide advice on how to reduce occupier’s costs through restructuring/regearing portfolios to create competitive advantage in the sale/acquisition process.
How you benefit
In order to understand future value, clients need to understand the true revenue potential of a specific retailer in order to run financial models from an investment perspective (IRR, % margin etc).
Understanding potential for growth, and the ‘optimised portfolio’ enables the client to future proof their investments, and understand turnover which is achievable and rents that would be required in specific locations.
• CBRE’s 2017 Outlook report provides a comprehensive overview of the key trends affecting UK property markets in 2017. Alongside core sections covering the economic, political and investment outlook there is coverage of every major investment and occupier sector.
• There is an improved global economic outlook, but inflation is now a more significant risk than previously. There is less concern about emerging markets.
• UK GDP growth is expected to slow to 1.4% in 2017 due mainly to Brexit-related uncertainty and a tighter labour market.
• The Brexit process will mean a very uncertain 2017, with some volatility in markets expected even if the underlying economy is performing well – not least when Article 50 is served.
• 2016 investment volumes likely to be 30% down on a very strong 2015, with 2017 slightly weaker than 2016.