Delivering retailers to one of the world’s premiere retail destinations
Central London Retail
As one of the world’s premiere retail destinations, the opportunities in central London are tremendous. We have a dedicated team of specialists who offer intelligent advice, out-of-the-box thinking and for international retail brands, unrivalled market insight to deliver solutions that work. Please get in touch to discuss how we could help you.
London remains the top market with the highest percentage of international retailers. The market has grown such that in 1998, retailers needed 200 stores to reach 50% of the population, now they need only 80. CBRE's Eric Eastman and Kevin Farrow, explain what makes the UK market so attractive and which countries these new entrants are coming from.
• CBRE’s 2017 Outlook report provides a comprehensive overview of the key trends affecting UK property markets in 2017. Alongside core sections covering the economic, political and investment outlook there is coverage of every major investment and occupier sector.
• There is an improved global economic outlook, but inflation is now a more significant risk than previously. There is less concern about emerging markets.
• UK GDP growth is expected to slow to 1.4% in 2017 due mainly to Brexit-related uncertainty and a tighter labour market.
• The Brexit process will mean a very uncertain 2017, with some volatility in markets expected even if the underlying economy is performing well – not least when Article 50 is served.
• 2016 investment volumes likely to be 30% down on a very strong 2015, with 2017 slightly weaker than 2016.