Establishing a place where people want to be, work and shop is fundamental to creating a successful shopping centre. We work closely with both retailers and owners to ensure they maximise the potential of their asset. Our experience makes us an invaluable partner at every stage in the life of shopping centre. Our Shopping Centre Leasing Team are market leaders representing some of the UK leading shopping centre owners, and work closely with the high street agency, investment and professional teams, maximising the value of our extensive landlord and retailer contacts to provide comprehensive advice to our clients.
With major instructions including Westfield Stratford City, Bluewater, Meadowhall and thecentre:mk, our team is in a position to offer advice to clients on all aspects of shopping centres including;
Mark Disney, Executive Director - Shopping Centre Development and Leasing, looks at the trends and resurgence in the shopping centre market and discusses the shopping centre experience that customers now expect.
• CBRE’s 2017 Outlook report provides a comprehensive overview of the key trends affecting UK property markets in 2017. Alongside core sections covering the economic, political and investment outlook there is coverage of every major investment and occupier sector.
• There is an improved global economic outlook, but inflation is now a more significant risk than previously. There is less concern about emerging markets.
• UK GDP growth is expected to slow to 1.4% in 2017 due mainly to Brexit-related uncertainty and a tighter labour market.
• The Brexit process will mean a very uncertain 2017, with some volatility in markets expected even if the underlying economy is performing well – not least when Article 50 is served.
• 2016 investment volumes likely to be 30% down on a very strong 2015, with 2017 slightly weaker than 2016.