Specialising in shopping centre and retail park development throughout the UK
DEVELOPMENT & MIXED USE SCHEMES
What we do
The Retail Development team specialises in advising developers, the major REIT’s and institutions on shopping centre and retail park schemes throughout the UK. We advise on site selection, site assembly, design and layout, feasibility and funding. In addition we normally advise on and undertake anchor store negotiations.
how you benefit
The team has significant experience of advising the major developers on large schemes including Bluewater, Westfield London, Westfield Stratford City, WestQuay Southampton and The Oracle Reading.
The team are currently involved in over 7,500,000 sq ft of retail led development in the UK.
• CBRE’s 2017 Outlook report provides a comprehensive overview of the key trends affecting UK property markets in 2017. Alongside core sections covering the economic, political and investment outlook there is coverage of every major investment and occupier sector.
• There is an improved global economic outlook, but inflation is now a more significant risk than previously. There is less concern about emerging markets.
• UK GDP growth is expected to slow to 1.4% in 2017 due mainly to Brexit-related uncertainty and a tighter labour market.
• The Brexit process will mean a very uncertain 2017, with some volatility in markets expected even if the underlying economy is performing well – not least when Article 50 is served.
• 2016 investment volumes likely to be 30% down on a very strong 2015, with 2017 slightly weaker than 2016.