As one of the world’s premiere retail destinations, the opportunities in London are enormous. The CBRE London retail agency team comprises more than ten dedicated specialists with extensive experience in the London market between them.
With the long-term guarantee that a 10 – 15 year lease provides and the predicted population growth in London, confidence is growing amongst landlords looking to invest in retail. Steven Stedman, Executive Director for Central London Retail, discusses why London retail is such an attractive market to landlords.
Central London shops markets have never been stronger, boosted by 'safe haven' money, a steady flow of new flagship entrants and burgeoning tourist spending. Steven Stedman looks at the seemingly inexlorable growth of central London shopping.
• CBRE’s 2017 Outlook report provides a comprehensive overview of the key trends affecting UK property markets in 2017. Alongside core sections covering the economic, political and investment outlook there is coverage of every major investment and occupier sector.
• There is an improved global economic outlook, but inflation is now a more significant risk than previously. There is less concern about emerging markets.
• UK GDP growth is expected to slow to 1.4% in 2017 due mainly to Brexit-related uncertainty and a tighter labour market.
• The Brexit process will mean a very uncertain 2017, with some volatility in markets expected even if the underlying economy is performing well – not least when Article 50 is served.
• 2016 investment volumes likely to be 30% down on a very strong 2015, with 2017 slightly weaker than 2016.